Strategizes with Event Producers, Committee Chairs, and works closely with a Graphic Designer to oversee all marketing aspects, as well as, carrying out all advertising and promotion needs of the event. The Communications & Marketing Lead is responsible for the design of all materials, from signage, social media collateral, tickets, programs, and website. The Communication & Marketing Lead will over see the Communication & Marketing subcommittee and will ensure all Critical Path deadlines are met. The ideal candidate will be creative, fun, and have great attention to detail while possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous work on event promotion campaigns is an asset. Experience in graphic design is a major asset.
- Research all promotional opportunities and create a promotion schedule for Gala ticket Sales.
- Create or outsource resources for all graphic design artwork related to the event.
- Work with Event Producer, Graphic Designer, and Chairs to develop event branding and story telling.
- Take content developed by Committee and ensure graphic content and branding tells the story of the event.
- Collaborate with Digital Communications to create a website that tells the story of the event and is also a functional platform for ticket sales.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of social platforms for the event: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Help create on brand content for social media to promote Gala and encourage ticket sales.
- Determine which marketing avenues will reach the desired audience and oversee the creation of marketing collateral and ads.
- Oversee layout and printing of all materials.
- Attend or call in for all Gala Committee meetings
- Project manages the Communications & Marketing Subcommittee, ensuring timelines are met and standards are maintained.
- Host bi-weekly meetings with Communication & Marketing Subcommittee and report to Gala Committee on progress of team.
- Attend Gala in active event role.
- Coordinate post-event thank you ad with Graphic Designer.
Please send an expression of interest email with subject line: “CYCA Committee Volunteer” to Alena Schock at email@example.com describing your interest in the CYCA and what you would bring to the role.
Please call 403.428.4560 if you do not receive a follow up within a week of application. Server protections can potentially inhibit external content delivery to our team.